Wednesday, January 23, 2013

We've been doing this for over a year now. The level of excitement it garners has not faded one bit. My little "Shrimp" recently graduated to "Kipper" but all that doesn't really seem to make a difference to her. She's in it for the songs, the bubbles, and her daddy.


One thing that I think I'm pretty good at is soaking up the moments of mommyhood. Since my little Kipper was an infant, I've made a conscious effort to remember and appreciate my perfect little baby for exactly who she was at that exact moment. The soft little hum she would make in her sleep as a newborn, the feeling of her weight against me during couch naps as a three month old, the contrast of her dark little eyelashes against her light completion while she sleep. Ugh. Mommy-baby loves runs deep my friends.
 Point being, my head and heart are full of these moments and this is what that moment looks like at 21 months. Spindly little legs, floppy wet pigtails with flyaways pasted to her neck, post dinner pot-belly, an shakable confidence that goes beyond her years (and sometimes gets her into trouble), and a joy for life that can't be matched.




In case you're wondering, yes, Kyle is doing her hair in the pool. Makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment